Sunday, February 1, 2015

Will a Nation Change It’s God?




God is A Covenant God
 
 
Today I visited Christian Faith Center in Palermo and took notes.  I have edited the message as it was quite long, but the main points are here.
 
Pastor Joe was reading from Jeremiah 2:11-13  Hath a nation changed their gods, which are yet no gods? But my people have changed their glory for that which doth not profit.
Pastor said, I fear for our Nation and this land that I have grown up in.  God raises up Nations and promises as long as they serve Him, they will be blessed.
 
God made a promise in  Psalm 33:12 Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance.

He has said, “I am God Jehovah and I keep my word and glorify my name.”  The name Jehovah is a covenant name for God is a covenant keeper.
 
God said in Genesis 17:7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.


Our forefathers sailed across the sea to establish a Christian nation and covenanted together to serve Jehovah God in certain documents that they signed and sealed.

 
Forsaking of the covenant begins in Jeremiah 2:13 For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water.


Here in America the door began to open with just a crack to push God from our Nation, as ACLU requested that Evolution be taught in the public schools along side of Biblical Creation.  They reasoned to give students a choice of views.


Not many years passed until the Supreme Court ruled that no longer was creation to be taught, but only Evolution.


Slowly but surely the covenant with God has been broken, as prayer and the Bible was removed from our USA Schools. 


Next came the taking down of the Ten Commandments, lest the people be offended and think they must obey them.

 
Pastor said, “There is no easy way to say this, but our leaders have not been true to the covenant our forefathers made with our God.
 

Our elected President said on Television, “We are no longer a Christian Nation.”  He is the voice of the American people !
 

He has ordered the military to recognize Gay Marriage and it appears it will soon become the law of the land.
 

We have welcomed into our nation, the Spirit of Sodomy and along with it witchcraft.


Have you noticed in the past 6 or 7 years the acceleration of wickedness in our land?


It is one thing to cast off Jehovah God and another to invite Evil spirits to enter our nation and our population.


Ephesians 6:12  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

 
In 1973 Abortion on demand became legal and is now the law of the land. 
 
In History the image of the god Molech was heated and babies were sacrificed.  The reason was to bring prosperity to the people.

Psalms 11:3  If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?

What can we as Christians do? 


  1. Keep yourself in “Covenant” with God
  2. Keep your house Under the Blood of Jesus
  3. Keep your Church in the Faith
 

 

 
 

2 comments:

Wise Hearted said...

One thing and one thing alone help me not get discouraged over the way our nation is going, He said it would be this way...prophecy is right on. Others may thing they are in control of our nation but my God and yours too is still in control and just when we think it can't get worst, well it might get worst but soon and very soon God is going to say, enough, enough, go get the family my Son...working while waiting.

caryjo said...

Yes, I'm filled and filled and filled with sorrowfulness since so much has broken in and been accepted, even by many connected to churches. My sinfulness before the Lord broke into me nearly 49 years ago was known as true sins. Now, many of my family connections don't perceive the sinfulness as that. Just a "fun" thing. I often say that when Sodom and Gomorrah were broken out and down for what they were doing, our world is doing it world-wide now, unless they are faced with other gods.

I'm truly a heart-broken spiritual person. I've known much and seen much for many years. I expect the Lord is going to break through eventually and we better be ready to walk with Him and do whatever He tells us to do. Be on consistent God-attention time.

Thanks for sharing. Grabbed me again!